Already have a Username/Password for International Journal of Infection Control?
Go to Login
Need a Username/Password?
Go to Registration
Registration and login are required to submit items online and to check the status of current submissions.
Submission Preparation Checklist
As part of the submission process, authors are required to check off their submission's compliance with all of the following items, and submissions may be returned to authors that do not adhere to these guidelines.
- The submission has not been previously published and is not being submitted at the same time to another journal for consideration (or an explanation has been provided in Comments to the Editor).
- The submission file is in Microsoft Word, RTF, or WordPerfect document file format.
- When available, the URLs to access references online are provided, including those for open access versions of the reference. The URLs are ready to click (e.g., http://pkp.sfu.ca).
- The text is double-spaced; uses a 12-point font; employs italics, rather than underlining (except with URL addresses); and all illustrations, figures, and tables are placed at the end.
- The text adheres to the stylistic and bibliographic requirements outlined in the Author Guidelines, which is found in About the Journal.
- If submitting to a peer-reviewed section of the journal, the instructions in Ensuring a Blind Review) have been followed.
Copyright on any research article in the International Journal of Infection Control (IJIC) is retained by the author(s).
Authors grant IJIC permission to publish the article and identify itself as the original publisher.
Authors also grant any third party the right to use the article freely as long as its integrity is maintained and its original authors, citation details and publisher are identified.
IJIC conforms to the Creative Commons Attribution License (http://creativecommons.org) as terms and conditions of publishing research articles.
In summary, anyone is free:
• to copy, distribute, and display the work;
• to make derivative works;
• to make commercial use of the work;
as long as:
• the original author must be given credit;
• for any reuse or distribution, it must be made clear to others what the license terms of this work are;
• any of these conditions can be waived if the authors gives permission.
Statutory fair use and other rights are in no way affected by the above.
In submitting a manuscript to IJIC, authors are requested to certify that:
• They are authorized by their co-authors to enter into these arrangements.
• They warrant, on behalf of themselves and their co-authors, that:
o the article is original, has not been formally published in any other peer-reviewed journal, is not under consideration by any other journal and does not infringe any existing copyright or any other third party rights;
o they are the sole author(s) of the article and have full authority to enter into this agreement and in granting rights to IJIC are not in breach of any other obligation. If the law requires that the article be published in the public domain, they will notify IJIC at the time of submission;
o the article contains nothing that is unlawful, libellous, or which would, if published, constitute a breach of contract or of confidence or of commitment given to secrecy;
o they have taken due care to ensure the integrity of the article.
The names and email addresses entered in this journal site will be used exclusively for the stated purposes of this journal and will not be made available for any other purpose or to any other party.